Friday, April 1, 2011

put it in the pizzaaaa...

Helllooooo! This past week was pretty busy, with 3 tests, 4 homeworks, and a lab report due. So there was not a lot of adventuring in the kitchen happening this week. Perhaps this weekend!
Last week, however, was a pizza extravaganza. After my yeast experience in cooking for my sister, I got pretty interested in using it in other forms. What to use it in? Pizza dough!!

I wanted to make something different than just pepperoni - I mean nothing is wrong with that, but this blog is all about adventuring. After brainstorming for a while, the idea came to me to use the same ingredients in the pasta for my sister, but subbing pizza dough for noodles! So that was pizza number one. Pizza number two was just veggies galore. mmmm.

Dough hooks are such a cool invention!

Kneading. Remember how I said using egg whites was therapeutic? So is kneading dough!
Then you just put the dough in the fridge overnight! And it rises! I love yeast! So cool. When science and food collide, I get a little giddy.

 So many pretty ingredients

Tah dah! This one had brocollini, shallots, garlic, sausage, cheese, pizza sauce, oregano, and basil.

Pizza number two: veggiessss

nommmzzz. zucchini, mushrooms, shallots, artichoke hearts, tomato, cheese, sundried tomato vinaigrette, basil, and oregano.

That was pizza experience number one. The roomz, the boyfriend, the boyfriends of some of the roomz, and I all enjoyed this a lot. The crust was so good!! SO fluffy and flavorful (and easy!). YUM. 
That was Monday. Then, Friday night, two of my sweet friends, Anjali and Alysse came over for pizza. It was like the veggie one, except there was spinach instead of zucchini and no tomatoes. Also good! (No picture, sorry!) There are really so many good ingredients that you can't go wrong! On Saturday, my Ignite camp came over! We had so much fun and I made 4 pizzas. I started with cheese because I knew everyone would like it. And it was really good! Just cheese, oregano, basil, and sauce and that was it! Next in was another veggie pizza exactly the same as the first. After that was my first attempt at a meat lover's - sausage, pepperoni and ham. And, well, that one was pretty great too. The last was a half and half cheese and meats. After making 7 pizzas in a week, one might say our apartment turned into a PEETzah PAHRlor! Twas quite fun!
veggie pizza number 2!
cheesey goodness
and the meats!

So, there was the pizza adventure. Quite fun, I must say! Also, if you can name where this blog title comes from, well, I don't know what I can offer you, other than my appreciation and high respect. Hope your week was wonderful!

3 comments:

  1. All look DELICIOUS. Yum. Nomz. LOL cats?

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that i was mentioned in this blog. and i remember that pizza fondly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz, seriously, I am SO inspired! I am scared to make the crust...yeast scares me! Ok I'm gonna do it. this week.

    ReplyDelete